Thursday, August 28, 2008

Skaguay Revisited


3D Pelton Wheel
Originally uploaded by gamp
I went back to the skaguay hydroelectric plant, the abandoned power plant that is only reachable by 5 miles of the worst hiking I can imagine. This time I attempted to take the easiest and wettest route I could find, and it was much better and less deadly. I also went with another explorer, jmt3x. We got farther than I had before, going beyond the power plant up the hill through the tunnel, across a bridge that won't be there for long, and to the site that used to have a large trestle. I'm still sore from the trip, but hopefully I have some good photos to show for it. Pictured here is a 3D anaglyph of one of the pelton wheels.

first visit: http://redphone.blogspot.com/2007/07/skagway-power-plant-found.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Guy, I read the Gazette article, and then found your blog. I am really interested in making the trip to Skaguay this weekend with my friend. However we might just end up camping in the area if it is somewhat deadly to get there (as it seems from your blog). We were planning on camping a night. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to ask you some more specific details. My e-mail is woodworthleslie at gmail dot com

Thanks! -Leslie

Digg Del.icio.us Technorati Blinklist Furl